Tactical backpacks were originally designed for military use to help soldiers carry all of their gear while on the battlefield. However, the term has been borrowed by civilians and companies trying to cater to the ex-military, police, hunters, survivalists and pretty much anyone that likes and needs solid gear for their work or hobby.
You probably knew all of that. What you might not know is that many companies are offering free tactical backpacks. You heard right. FREE.
I know what you are thinking already. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Well maybe not.
Let’s find out.
Are the bags actually free – What’s the catch?
Yes, the bags are free. That being said there is some fine print here that you may want to check out.
What do I mean by that?
Most of the companies offering these free tactical backpacks will require you to pay for shipping. So while the bag itself is free, you will still have to shell out some cash to get it delivered to your doorstep.
So how much does it actually cost?
The cost varies usually between $7.95-28.95 depending on the company and where the bag is being shipped. Some of the companies that have low shipping fees have other upsells that will cover costs. Others companies have a bit higher fees than what you would find on Amazon, but because its still technically free it comes out still cheaper.
Best Free Tactical Backpacks
- Tactical & military strength
- High-density nylon fabric
- Hands-free over-the-shoulder
- Molle system Front/side
- Play/pause music, answer calls
- 3 day assault bag
- 600D Polyester
- MOLLE webbing
- Padded shoulder straps,
- Valued at $110
What are the conditions of the free giveaway? And the fine print?
This is where you are going to want to read up on a bit so you do not feel like you didn’t know. While the bags are actually free. There are some conditions. Each company has its own deal so you are going to want to figure that out before you buy, but usually, it comes down to:
1. Companies will place a limit on how many bags you can order. (For instance, they might allow only one per customer or household – which most usually do.)
2. Tactical companies might require you to sign up for their newsletter or email list in order to get the free backpack. (This is actually not a bad thing as you will then be kept in the loop regarding new products, deals, and promotions.)
3. You have to pay for the shipping (as mentioned above, the cost varies $7.95 – 28.95)
4. You might have to subscribe to be a part of the program (often times companies give away free products if you become a part of a program that the company is offering, which is usually they are selling some other program that might be part of a subscription (remember the free music CDs you could get back in the 90s if you signed up for a subscription? You could cancel it the next day and keep the 10 free CDs! I can’t believe the company still made money off that)
5. They may have some upsells when you try and buy the bag (one common way for these companies to earn some money is – by giving you a free backpack they earn some money on the upsells which is other products that can be added to your checkout basket. This is where they make the money really. While not everyone buys extra products enough people do, so it makes it worthwhile for them to continue the free giveaway. What this means is that if you add up all the prices of the checkout items, they will cover the price of the free bag, as well as the product that you purchased.
So what does this all mean? It means that you should read the fine print. Every company has its own way of doing things. But like most free things there usually is something else involved, so just be aware of that and you won’t be disappointed. Because again it is FREE!
Free tactical backpack companies are not in the business of giving away their products for free and then losing money. They are actually quite savvy and have found a way to make sure that they at least break even, if not make a small profit. And that little bit of extra review adds up when it’s all said and done, especially over time when they have your email list and they have many distributors. They don’t make more than a few dollars per order, but it does add up.
Is a free tactical bag worth it?
I would say yes it is worth the cost of shipping for a free product. What this means for you is that you are getting an amazing product for FREE (or close to free)! So if you have been wanting a tactical backpack but didn’t want to spend the money (or much), now is your chance!
Check out some of the companies below and see what they have to offer!
So what are the best companies offering free tactical backpacks?
Here is a list of some of the companies that I know of:
- Tactical Ops Sling Backpack
- Ops Stealth Go Bag
- Ox Tactical Backpack from MCG Tactical
- The DIY Hub Tactical Backpack
List of Free Tactical Backpacks on Giveaway
Materials: Made from high-density nylon fabric
Design: Sling design EDC bag with tactical and military strength in mind
Specs: Hands-free across the body, over-the-shoulder or by the handle Molle system on the front and side of the bag, Play/pause music and answer/reject calls, The Mesh sponge on the back is made from breathable cloth
The fine print
Only costs 7.95 for Shipping. No funny business. They have a $3.99 upsell (but you do not need to purchase).
The company claims to have 4.5 stars from 8482 reviews, so if it is true it’s hard to think 8k people got it wrong.
Volume: 42L capacity
Size: 11.81″ x 19.68″ x 11.81″
Materials: Strong 600D Polyester
Design: The bag is meant as a go bag or 3 day assault bag
Specs: This Free Tactical Backpack is valued at $110 by the company, Comes with water bottle pouch w D-ring, Padded shoulder straps, thick comfortable mesh padding back, & MOLLE webbing
The fine print
This free bag has a $14.95 for shipping and handling fee. I almost prefer it over the sling bag, as I prefer a backpack over a sling. There are a few extra upsells for $2.95 and $5 but you dont have to buy it.
It’s a bit more than the first bag but from what I see it’s actually the better bags we found.
Volume: 25L volume
Size: 11.5” X 19 X 8“ (W*H*D)
Materials: 900D nylon w HD zipper & D-Rings
Design: Can really be used as an assault pack, as a hunting bag, or survival rucksack.
Specs: Added cushioned straps, Increased MOLLE carry capacity, Breathable neoprene mesh cushioned straps, Hidden CCW pocket.
So this bag isn’t technically free. It comes in at 29.99 and has free shipping, they used to have an actual free bag, but they changed their promo. Still a good deal though.
This bag still has great value compared to the others even though it is a bit more.
Volume: 35L of storage space
Size: 10” X 18 X 7“ (W*H*D)
Design: It was designed as a military bag but can also be used as an EDC bag.
Specs: Durable straps, Adjustable and detachable hook, Usually Retails At $129.95, Free refund if you do not like it
It costs $24.95 for shipping, which we think is a bit high but still fair, as this one looks like it’s the toughest out of the bunch and is still cheaper than getting it at the store.
There is a free refund on the shipping costs if you do not like the bag. This is the deal clincher for me. If you don’t like it you get your money back. Pretty easy sell here.
For More>>Check out Free Evatac Backpacks
Tactical Backpack FAQ
What is the quality of the free tactical bags?
The quality of the tactical backpacks that you get for free is actually quite good, but I would not expect expedition quality. They are decent bags, just not comparable to a 200-dollar bag, but that’s ok because it’s free! or under 10 dollars. So what can you expect for under 10 bucks. To be fair it’s worth more than a ten-dollar bag, so it’s worth it.
How Long Does Shipping Take to get the bag?
Shipping usually takes anywhere from 5-14 days depending on your location.
What is a Tactical Backpack Anyways?
Tactical backpacks are rugged polyester bags usually made out of Cordura, Nylon, or Polyester. They also come with MOLLE webbing a number of pockets and compartments, as well as straps and loops for attaching additional gear. Many also include rain covers or other weatherproofing features.
You will find Tactical backpacks not just used SWAT or ex-military types but have also found a market in the EDC crowd. It transitioned from a specialized bag with specific use to more of a trending style.
There are a few reasons why tactical backpacks are so popular:
- They’re sturdy and well-made, designed to withstand the rigors of daily use.
- They feature a variety of compartments and pockets that allow you to organize your gear in a way that’s convenient for you.
- They’re comfortable to wear, making them great for long days out or hikes in the wilderness.
- Usually come at fraction of the price of other types of backpacks.
Where do people usually buy a tactical backpack?
There are a number of places you can buy tactical backpacks, both online and in brick-and-mortar stores. If for some reason you do not want a free bag! Then some of The traditional places that you would normally buy bags from are:
- Tactical distributors
- Army surplus stores
- Second-hand stores
- Local stores
How to take care of tactical bags?
Caring for your tactical backpack is not difficult, but there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Wash it regularly with soap and water to remove dirt and debris.
- Use a mild detergent if necessary.
- Do not put your tactical backpack in the dryer – hang it up to air dry instead.
- Store your backpack in a cool, dry place when not in use.
So there you have it! These are just some of the things that you should know about free tactical backpacks. Be sure to do your research before signing up for anything, and always read the fine print!
|PLEASE NOTE: We are not reseller of any products. We do not represent any company or brands that are listed. We only review survival and tactical gear and are not affiliated in any way with the companies. Please contact the company directly for questions regarding your orders or shipping.|
For More Free Stuff Check Out>> Free Knife Offers